Saturday, August 25, 2012

Who Am I?


I’ve been doing quite a bit of thinking lately (Pondering, reflecting, letting the thoughts roll around the ole brain pan, what have you). 

Lately, I’ve been trying to brush up my resume, make it look nice. I’ve written a couple cover letters. One of the things I struggle with most is describing myself. Whether it’s writing an “About Me” section or describing myself in 160 characters or less, I just flounder with my inadequacy in describing myself. When I ask myself the question, “Who am I?” I am often lost in thought for quite some time, trying to answer said question.

Admittedly, there were a few times this last year that I had a few metaphysical breakdowns. I somewhat chalk these up to stress, lack of sleep, and graduation jitters. Nonetheless, those times where I had felt so low, it was amazing to see how God brought me to my knees so that I would turn to Him in prayer. The truths Lamentations 3:22-23 became my prayer and God’s promise to me that I clung to whenever I was feeling overwhelmed with everything around me. 

Someone who is reading this post might be thinking, “Sonjia, you’re just rambling again, did you have a point to this?” Yes, yes I do have a point. 

My point is, I am in a point in time in my life where to describing who I am is really difficult. In order to really explain who I am, I think I really need to look back at who I’ve been, and how God has changed me. 

Therefore, I am going to do several posts about my thoughts about who I am. So here is the end of part 1, and hopefully I will put up more posts about who I've been, who I am, and who I hope to be. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment